Although each artist has their own terms of trading, these terms and conditions apply to work ordered and supplied direct with The Great British Voice Company, where the Great British Voice Company sources the voice talent and/or deals with all correspondence regarding the work to be carried out.
The Great British Voice Company – Terms and conditions of supply of goods and/or services.
- Where the term "the supplier" is used, it means THE GREAT BRITISH VOICE COMPANY (GBVco Ltd). The term 'the buyer' means the person, firm, company or entity purchasing services or goods from the supplier.
- The supplier accepts contracts on these terms only. Acceptance of any order from the buyer will be deemed an acceptance of these term and conditions.
- All payments are due within 7 days of invoice date unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- In accordance with the late payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (EC directive), the right is reserved to charge interest at 8% above the late payment period reference interest rate based on the relevant Bank of England base rate on all amounts outstanding for more than 10 days from the Tax Date indicated on the invoice.
- The supplier reserves the right to levy a minimum charge of £10 ($18 USD) for each reminder or statement produced and sent after the Credit period.
- The supplier reserves the right to withdraw credit facilities and the supply of future services in the event of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Fees quoted are set to reflect the usage information stated at the time of booking. Any further usage beyond the duration or specified outlet or reuse of recorded material in other productions is beyond the scope of the original agreement and must be advised by the buyer at the point of intended further use. The supplier’s permission must be sought and appropriate payments made by the Buyer for the further use.
- Fees quoted are inclusive of one round of revisions, unless due to changes in the script after recording has taken place. Revisions due to script changes are chargeable at an extra 50% of the original quoted fee. Should more than one round of revisions be necessary, these are charged at 50% of the original quoted fee for each round. If the buyer requests a further recording of the script by a different artist after confimation of the original artist selected and after recording has taken place, an additional fee equal to 100% of the original price quoted will apply.
- An out of hours supplementary charge may be made for work carried out on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank holidays. Any such charge will be notified to the buyer in advance.
- If the buyer cancels any contract giving the supplier less than twenty-four hours notice, the supplier reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the fees payable under the terms of the contract. Cancellations to contracted work after the work has commenced, are subject to 100% cancellation fee, and also may be subject to further administrative charges, at the discretion of the supplier.
- Unless the Buyer and Supplier have agreed otherwise by way of contract, copyright in all written and/or audible work created by the supplier or artists commissioned to carry out the work on behalf of the supplier, remains the property of the supplier until full payment has been made. In the case of recordings made with an inclusive "buy out", ownership and copyright of the material will only pass to the buyer upon receipt and clearance of full payment from the buyer.
- The Buyer undertakes that they will notify the supplier if they shall assign, transfer or sell any contract or benefit to which these terms and conditions apply.
- The buyer warrants and undertakes that: a) they will be responsible for obtaining and paying for all necessary licences and consents for the use of copyright material contained in , or the inclusion of any person in their production; b) No copy will breach the copyright or other right of or be defamatory toward any third party; c) they will indemnify and keep the supplier indemnified against all actions, proceedings, damages, costs, demands, and liabilities arising from the breach of the above warranties or in any manner whatsoever in consequence of the use of any copy or matter supplied by the Buyer.
- Quoted prices are net of Value Added Tax (if applicable and unless indicated otherwise) which will be paid at the appropriate rate.
- In the event of any failure by the buyer to comply with these terms and conditions, the Supplier may terminate immediately any licence to the Buyer to broadcast or perform or otherwise exploit the suppliers work.
- If any provision of these Terms and conditions is held by any court or competent authority as invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the remainder of these terms and conditions and of the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be affected.
- Governing Law: the contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- These terms and conditions may be varied from time to time and will be communicated in writing.